30 Before 30 - Update '09!
Two years ago I shared my 30 Before 30
list. I created it in an attempt to get rid of the New Years Resolutions and make goals for my personal life. Here's where we're at now:
1. See wild horses...in the wild.
2. Go whale watching.3. Run a marathon or half-marathon (check).
4. Photograph a celebrity.
5. Go to Hawaii.
6. Love on someone who has never been loved.
7. See the Northern Lights.8. Go Rock Climbing (check).9. Go spelunking (check).10. Fall in love (check checkity check check).
11. Sky dive.
12. Live in another country for six months.13. Face a fear (check).
14. Learn to ballroom dance.
15. Drive across the country.16. Buy a house (check).17. Try sushi (check).
18. Teach my cat to break dance.19. Pay off my student loan (check).20. Be in two places at once (check. Thanks Carowinds!).21. Own a Mac (check).
22. Be fearless.
23. Travel. Travel. Travel.24. Write a book (still in process).
25. Take archery lessons.26. Sell a painting (check).
27. Say what I mean.
28. Mean what I say.
29. Buy a sewing machine and stop sewing everything by hand.
30. Dig for dinosaur bones.
I'm realizing that some of these will be ongoing: #6, 22, 23, 27, and 28. And some of these will likely not happen: #12 and 18. It's still great to look back on where my head was two years ago and that I have accomplished things, that I thought a the time, that would be difficult. I wanted to dream that I could do these things and I've check off 11 of those.
Whew, so where have I been lately? Well, Adam and I have been satisfying #16. And we've created another blog, We Are The Johnsons
, to help track the homebuying process and will hopefully have fun DIY projects as we make the home our own. So, you can keep checking back here for my thoughts and over at We Are The Johnsons to follow our life as newlyweds and new homeowners!
Sunday, March 01, 2009 | 9:40 AM | LINK |