Books, Artistry, Responsibility and that little Pirate movie.

In continuation of my 30 Before 30 List. I've started writing a book (#24). I'm not sure what it will, in the end, be about or if it will ever be published. I have to tell you that I don't really care. It's more about a personal goal and maturation. I must say it's quite exciting to begin compiling ideas and ordering them in some sort of fashion. I've rediscovered my love of the outline, index cards, and pencils. Photography of course, will be another large part of the book as well. Many of you have heard it said that a dream of mine (provided that money and circumstance were no hindrance) is to take a year and travel the world with my camera. I've been working on my short term dream of portraiture. Luckily, I'm surrounded by beautiful people who don't mind having their picture taken. I want to improve myself as a portrait artist and as an artist in general. I've always felt that as artists we have a huge responsibility to improve our skill and nourish our gift. We are given the sight to, in our own way, create things. With that, I believe comes communion with the Creator Himself. He has seen fit, for us, to be given the insight in to making something. It's a dangerous thing. And just like any gift, it can be corrupted and misused. My prayer is that in all forms I will bring glory to Him in all forms. So to all of you artists...painters, writers, musicians, photographers, film makers: Remember, that you were given an amazing gift and with that gift comes great responsibility.


In other completely unrelated news, I saw Pirates 3 last night. I'll admit it was a little long (which could have been remedied by shortening the too long fight sequences). I liked it. That's right I liked it a lot. It was fun and made me want to go to Disney World. It may have also made me say, "Dang that Orlando Bloom is piratey dreamy goodness." Maybe, but I'll never own up to it. You know he had a really great mohawk once...


Saturday, June 02, 2007 | 10:59 PM | LINK |