I had one of those moments this afternoon when something sparked the most wonderful memory. I was driving past the old Anderson County Library which has now become the Anderson County Museum and all of the sudden I was 6 years old again walking hand in hand with my dad. Going to the library was one of my most favorite things to do. And daddy was always willing. We would search along the aisles for books I had heard about or subjects that I wanted to study. The trips would always have themes: cats, dogs, horses, whales, how to draw, or perhaps they just had pretty pictures. And then we would walk out of library, my hand in his. And we would go home and study.

Such wonderful, precious memories. To think I had almost forgotten them. I hope I never forget what it felt like.


Tuesday, February 12, 2008 | 3:49 PM | LINK |