Wait...what?

Starting Thursday, I'll be radioactive. That's right. Radioactive.

Some of you know that I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I've felt zapped of energy and sleeping a ridiculous amount of time (which came as a bit of a shock considering the bout of insomnia I had a few months ago). So I went to the doc. And many tests later I've come back with the diagnosis of a toxic adenoma something-or-other thyroid. Basically my thyroid is releasing toxic amounts of hormones into my body. But wait, it gets better... To solve the problem I will be dosed with radioactive iodine which will kill my thyroid and will also leave me radioactive for a few days. BAM! Perhaps I'll come out of the situation with special spidey skillz. That would be awesome or something.

So, if any of you have any suggestions of ways to keep myself occupied during my 5 day isolation, it would be greatly appreciated.


Tuesday, June 12, 2007 | 7:37 PM | LINK |