And the Mist Was Like Silver.

Mission San Jose

So we're back in from San Antonio. It was quite overcast and grey the entire time we were there. It made me a happy girl. The Riverwalk is quite a gem in an otherwise bland downtown area. I found it completely difficult to get a proper photograph. I couldn't seem to quite capture the feeling of it all. And then I realized it was okay to just remember it for myself. Karla and I enjoyed our freedom from a schedule and planned activities. We slept peculiarly late and relished in walking everywhere (except for that night that we decided to wear heels and walk 5 miles). I think we accomplished doing touristy things without looking like tourists (or perhaps screaming and running from the kamikaze pigeon bent on decapitation was a giveaway). Yes, we went to the Alamo. Yes, I bought magnets.

The Freaking Alamo!

Then there was the time that Karla fought a crazed lion in the Texas Ranger Museum...



And of course no trip would be complete without some crazy mirrors...



I'm not afraid to admit that the above picture is completely horrifying. But I am continually drawn to it and break out into a horrible fit of laughter.

The wedding itself was absolutely stunning (would you expect anything less?). Complete with a 300 year old Spanish Mission and mariachis.

Mission San Jose

The Blankenships.

DSC04504

After it was all over, we headed back to the hotel, packed, and thanked God for the friendships we have. I also counted the mass amount of mosquito bites incurred at the reception (28 that I can find. I'm convinced there are more...). The next day we spent all day in airports, got searched and stared at by the TSA (haven't you ever seen two girls play cards?). Also, if you are ever stuck in the Memphis International Airport, you should eat at Lenny's. Mmm...subs. Above par subs.

And if you get bored you can:

DSC04517

The End.


Wednesday, May 30, 2007 | 11:04 PM | LINK |