The Return.

I am not dead. I have not been sick. I've just been busy. Period.

I have been decorating, listening to music (more specifically the Vince Guaraldi Trio...A Charlie Brown Christmas is the only way to go), wrapping presents, working, trying to prepare mentally for a half-marathon, slow dancing in a burning room and finding that everything is easier said than done, weeping and wandering about the outdoors until 5am when Max the Wondercat was lost (he's safe now), learning about my hermit tendencies and thankful for friends who force me out of them, hearing these words constantly:

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life..." Isaiah 43:1-4

I have been learning to be a possession for all the right reasons, wondering if anyone still eats figgy pudding, loving that my Dad keeps saying "Four Boys Hamburgers" instead of "Five Guys Hamburgers," wishing that Saturday morning cartoons were as awesome as they used to be, and praying that we would get just one good snow.


Tuesday, December 05, 2006 | 9:23 PM | LINK |