NewSpring.


NewSpring.
Originally uploaded by Lanna Grace.
I'm still trying to process exactly what I saw this past Sunday. I'm still trying to figure out words that would properly express what I felt, what I'm still feeling. It was a day that I don't think I'll ever forget. Last week, Perry gave a challenge to our congregation. Hundreds of people came forward and placed on the stage a name. These names were mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, roommates, husbands, wives, and coworkers just to name a few. All of which did not know the Lord, some perhaps who have never even murmured the name of Jesus Christ. The next step to Perry's challenge was to have them here this past Sunday. All throughout the week we prayed over the names on the stage. And the people came. We had over 8200 people walk through the doors on Sunday and I watched as 214 people prayed to accept Christ. Hearing the voices of 214 people cry out to Jesus for the very first time is one of the most beautiful things that I've ever heard.

214.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this.


Tuesday, September 26, 2006 | 8:15 AM | LINK |