Running with God.

So this week, I've been on vacation. It's midweek and already I feel like a new woman. My mind and body has been on overhaul for the past month. And three days into rest and it's so good.

Most of you know that I've begun training for a half marathon in December and hope to eventually run a full marathon. I have to tell you that it's been good. Really good. I look forward to running more and more every day. I've been running a lot more than with my legs the past month. My mind, my heart and my emotions have been running a gamut as well and all of this has affected my relationship with Christ. Allow me to explain...we've been preparing and executing our vacation bible school called Summer Blockbuster at NewSpring. Every late night, early morning, missed lunch and lack of sleep was worth it. We saw 70 children come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior last week. They came into our building and laughed, smiled, learned and did not want to go home at the end of the evening. Providing the environment for these children required that we would have to transform our church building into a race around the world and we did it, but doing so took time. With the change of schedule at practically a running pace throughout the day, my time with God was altered as well. But He being the gracious God that He is, ran right by my side...keeping my pace and urging me on to the finish. We ran and He did most of the speaking (whether it be by whispering to my heart or through His Word) and we finished. And now it's our rest. And He's been calling me to rest in Him. And it feels so good.

Hebrews 12:1-3 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Steve Prefontaine said, "Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts."


Wednesday, July 26, 2006 | 5:27 PM | LINK |