Weekend, you had me at "hello."


After Spelunking...
Originally uploaded by Lanna Grace.


As guessed, this weekend was glorious. We made our way to Chattanooga, TN on Thursday evening after work. We being: me, Lee, Karl, LB, and Jon. You see, we were celebrating Jon's birthday (late although it may have been...we wanted to give him an adventure). And what an adventure we had. With our home base as The Bakery, there's no possible chance for destruction (The Bakery being the lovely home of Ragan). Friday morning we made our way to Fort Payne, Alabama to meet up with Israel and his crew from True Adventure Sports. Ragan has known Israel quite a few years and knew that he could be our only adventurer. We began the morning with a 60 foot rappel (which we did twice). Next was the 180 foot free fall rappel (this is the one where you swing about freely above the trees and birds flying below). Lastly, we ventured into a cave for the spelunking. Squirming around like a salamander has never been so much fun. The photoset is on flickr.

And once again, I am reminded how much I love my family of friends. I love our dynamic. I love how we take care of one another whether it be by way of the fist or steadying balance so that we don't fall (in more than just the literal sense).


Monday, April 24, 2006 | 8:04 AM | LINK |