Reason #5,876,389 why my dad is awesome...

This weekend, my parents and I were watching the news and there was this story about a black bear escaping or attacking people (I don't remember). And my dad says, "you know, I shot a bear once." And I say, "yeah right." And he says, "No, I REALLY shot a bear."

Apparently in the 60s there was a huge number of bears roaming North Carolina. And some of the parks held a lottery for people to hunt bears. Well, my dad and his best friend won one of the lotteries to go bear hunting. The first day of their trip...no bear. The second day, they come into a clearing and are surprised to see a bear. The bear raises up on his haunches (yeah, I said haunches) and my dad shoots the bear with an arrow (Reason #3,444,201 why my dad is awesome...he's proficient with a bow and arrow). And the bear goes down. AND my dad is awesome.


Monday, April 17, 2006 | 12:27 PM | LINK |