I'll show you fancy.


U2 - Charlotte, NC
Originally uploaded by Lanna Grace.
Judith and I saw U2 in Charlotte last night. It was awesome (like it wouldn't be). I could go into a long panegyric and great detail of the execution of lights and how The Edge's tone made out with my ears offering them sweet promises of silver and gold. But you know that already. You know that U2 is one of the most awesome live shows that you can ever see.

What I can tell you are things that you might not know. For instance, according to the lady behind us, Judith and I are both "short" and my name is apparently "Miss Fancy Pants." I wonder what she would think if she knew that her jabs were actually facts . You see, Judith and I are short. I'm not self conscious. It actually works to our advantage. 90% of the time during a concert I will have been asked "Do you want to stand in front of me so that you can see better?" at least twice. And as for the name calling. Well, I did make some "Fancy Pants" for a one Mr. Gavin DeGraw. And of course the RF is fancy enough as it is. So, yes Ma'am I guess I am Miss Fancy Pants. And I want to thank you for making the break between Institute and U2 enjoyable.

Other highlights from the evening included:
1. Judith being patted on the head by an extremely inebriated gentleman
2. That same inebriated gentleman's girlfriend dumping her beer onto the floor and storming off during "Where the Streets Have No Name" (Perhaps she took the lyrics too seriously).
3. Angry Man tearing a poster from an excited fan's hands.

Like I said, it was awesome. You can see more photos here. Enjoy.


Tuesday, December 13, 2005 | 2:24 PM | LINK |