I'd tear myself in two just to hear you breathe...

It's been a good Christmas. Lots of quiet. Lots of family. Lots of purring from my cat. Lots of listening to the A Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack. Lots of desire. Lots of excitement. Lots of gift wrap bows waiting to find a box so that they can be used again next year.

I suppose I'm feeling nostalgic, but I've felt like a schoolgirl this Christmas. I've stayed in my pajamas til late morning and eaten chocolate covered pretzels and drank hot chocolate and watched all of the Rankin-Bass Christmas specials that anyone person could handle. It feels good.

With the new year approaching, I've decided to pin down a few resolutions:

1. I have an addiction to books. Because of that addiction, there are many books lining my shelves and walls that have not been read. For 2006, I have decided that I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER BOOK UNTIL I HAVE READ ALL OF THE BOOKS IN MY LIBRARY.

2. My great great grandfather left me his violin. For 2006, I have decided that I WILL START VIOLIN LESSONS.

3. I've been dreaming about visiting some far-away places. For 2006, I have decided to GET MY PASSPORT AND VISIT ANOTHER COUNTRY.

4. Lastly, for 2006, I am PRAYING FOR A DESPERATION FOR GOD UNLIKE ANY I'VE EXPERIENCED. I am praying for the kind of relationship that has not been seen or experienced even in fairy tales. I want to yearn and pant for Him. The kind of desperation that says, "I'd give anything of me, just to be near you...just to touch you...just to hear you breathe..." I want my body to crave him more than water or food. I want an obsession.

Well, there they are. Hold me to them.

By the by, I'm currently caught up in and loving Ryan Adams' latest album, 29.


Tuesday, December 27, 2005 | 8:42 PM | LINK |