Movie News.

During my hiatus, I saw a lot of movies, two of which were worthy enough to elicit this post. So, here we go.

The Brothers Grimm

Terry Gilliam, I'm so disappointed. Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Adventures of Baron Munchausen? Twelve Monkeys? Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? I expected better of you. One could see that the humor was there, but somewhere on the cutting room floor, the timing was lost. Leaving all of the smart quips and jokes lost in painful slow motion. C'mon get there quicker. Instead I found myself thinking of better ways that I could have spent my $5.25. They are as follows...Ice Cream (with still a little left over). A used CD from Rainbow. A tank of gas. One roll of film with 36 opportunities for greatness. However, I left the theater 5 bucks poorer and glad that I didn't drag anyone else to the movie with me.


Strings

An entire movie, starring marionettes. It's strange and beautiful. The story is weak and there is an awkward scene of making out between two puppets (which is just wrong). But it's just simply fascinating and creepy to watch marionettes. And the lighting, set design and costuming is wonderful. Rent, if only for the weirdness factor or if you're one of those that simply can't not look at a car accident. Because it's weird...


Friday, September 09, 2005 | 9:45 AM | LINK |