So today was awesome. Karla and Joshua whisked me away to the North Carolina mountains to celebrate my 24th birthday. The day began with breakfast at Chic-fil-A (I must say that the minis are scrumptious). Then we made our way to Asheville where we promptly had a picnic lunch at Martin Luther King, Jr. park (it was great except for the ferocious icing and the blanket that tried to eat Shua's head). I was then blindfolded with a pink bandana and proceeded to wave at "people" in cars as we passed (I later learned that 90% of the time there were no cars and they had me waving at thin air). Anywho, my blindfold was uncovered to find a horse ranch! We were going on a trail ride through the mountains of great NC. Things started out quite nicely. We quickly made friends with Cocoa, Rowdy and Silver and our spry wrangler, Marty. We did quite fine until a storm came out of nowhere and decided to soak us. Within 5 minutes we were completely soaked. As we rode, I could feel the water sloshing back and forth in my shoes. It was the best trail ride I'd ever been on. Since our ride was not completed we were awarded with a full refund (sweet). But now we were faced with the problem of being completely soaked. Karla and I were smart enough to bring jackets, but there was no way we could continue in our 50lb jeans. So, we stopped at the nearest mall, venturing in to find new outfits for ourselves and Joshua (who was still in the car due to the fact that I had borrowed his flip flops and he was wrapped in a blanket). Next on our list was dinner at Tijuana Junction, my first experience with Red Bull and a covered bridge.

It was a wonderful way to spend my birthday! I am blessed with people who love me...and that's such a great feeling.


Friday, August 05, 2005 | 11:14 PM | LINK |