Sexy Moon.

Last night I had the pleasure of photographing my first wedding. Friends and family waited in the woods of the Biltmore Estate as the gentleman asked his girlfriend to marry him. Upon acceptance, he told her that he was ready to marry her then and the entire family rushed out of the forest to gather around them and then promptly marry them. It was the most unusual and downright romantic thing I've seen in a while.

The bride's name, Roxanne, provided me with much entertainment for the evening. Each time, I would take her photograph my mind would immediately start to play the Moulin Rouge, "El Tango De Roxanne" loudly in my head with the brash Argentinean accent..."ROXANNE...YOU DON'T HAVE TO PUT ON THAT RED LIGHT!" It provided for many a quiet laugh in my head as mingled with many people I did not know.

The drive home was gruesome at midnight (when my normal bedtime sits at a lovely 9:30pm). But just as the cell phone service dies in the mountains of Asheville and I have the car to myself, the moon decides to seduce me. That's right, I said "seduce me." And the moon worked on my weary eyes and I couldn't take my eyes off of it. It peeked its head around the mountains and whispered to me as I drove quietly and solitarily down that road. And I thought to myself, "that is the sexiest moon I've ever seen." Or maybe it was just because it was so late at night and there was no radio and no other cars on the road or maybe God just wanted to romance me a little and decided to use the moon or perhaps it was a lesson in the discipline of silence. Whatever the reason, it was good and I made it home in one piece.


Sunday, July 24, 2005 | 11:32 AM | LINK |