I haven't worn a watch in over a month.

I must admit, at first I felt incomplete and naked without a watch. My watch friend told me what time it was to the second. I was also able to count the minutes until lunch time or until that favorite show came on tv. It was also a fun game of mine to count the minutes in between times when I checked my watch. My watch was my friend.

And then, one day...I forgot to wear my watch. I was filled with anxiety. I kept looking at my naked wrist wondering what time it was. The next day I forgot it again. The day after that I forgot that I forgot it. And I must say that I'm happier now than I've every been.

Does this mean that I have lost respect for time? Absolutely not. You'll find that the world is filled with clocks everywhere. We have a clock in just about every room in the house, not to mention the scrolling bank marquees that are nice enough to tell you temp and time. My laptop is even nice enough to have a nifty clock in the bottom right side of the screen. There is no need to have one attached to your body. And I 've found that if you find yourself in a place where there are no clocks, then maybe you should enjoy the peace and tranquility of not knowing what time it is. I guarantee that your heart will beat a little less heavy and your mind will start to slow. And its a completely great feeling.

At least that's what I've felt.


Tuesday, July 26, 2005 | 9:32 PM | LINK |