The Movie Dream.
Yes, it's another dream post. Just let me know when you're tired of them and I'll stop posting.

This one begins with a trip to a rundown Disneyworldesque place.
A few friends and myself decide to take a trip to this area and as we're walking around surveying and taking pictures of the old rides and venues where many years before children had run and frolicked, we decided that it was the perfect place to open a theater. So we began the journey to resurrect the theme park and turn it into the prime place to find edgy theater.

The renovation began and we also began our search for great actors to fill the halls with great monologues and characters that inspire the audience to become more than who they were when they entered. Our search succeeded...we found an amazing actor that blew everyone away with his ability and talent. Soon the troupe of actors began to become a family and we began to plan our first performance. It was an original piece. We worked and toiled and then one day one of the actresses disappeared. Two days later another was gone. The next day another disappeared. Unfortunately, the show must go on and rehearsals continued.

I walked into the dressing room and put my things down and continued out to the main stage to wait for the rest of our actors to arrive. While waiting, I heard a noise backstage. I went to investigate the noise and found myself in a part of the theater that I had never been before. It went down into the basement. I followed the noise to find our last actress that had disappeared strapped to a table. She was alive but unresponsive. I quickly began to untie her arms, when suddenly I realized that I was not alone in the room. I turned to see our star actor standing behind me in pure psycho form. He proceeded to shoot me in the leg with some sort of paralyzing dart. I immediately felt the effects and began to try to make my escape. I ran out of the theater and found my way to the dilapidated log flume ride. I climbed up into the mountain area and around the track and over the old "logs" that carried riders for so many years. My feet found themselves mired in the swampy stagnating water that still remained in and around the track. I followed the track for what seemed like forever and I realized that the Actor was still in hot pursuit, still carrying the strange dart weapon in his hand. My journey continued around the wooden track and I finally found myself on solid ground once again. I started to run wide open now with my leg regaining some of it's feeling. Climbing over a fence, the area morphed into rolling hills like the kind you find in Sonoma Valley, CA. The Actor only seemed to be walking and yet like in so many movies he was amazingly only a few steps behind me. I made my way towards a farmhouse in the distance, but as I approached I noticed that the entire area was surrounded by a barbed wire fence. I continued to head straight on towards the fence hoping that I could just hurl my body over the top and get minimal damage. As I got closer to the fence, I heard the actor shout "Lanna dear, you do know that you're heading for a barbed wire fence." I turned and screamed, "YOU KNOW AT THIS POINT, I REALLY DON'T CARE." I jumped over the fence and continued my race to the farmhouse. At this point I realized that the Actor was frightened of the fence and was looking for another way to get inside. Upon looking at the house I realized that it was indeed my good friends, Ken and Meg's house. I crawled up onto the porch screaming out their names and just as I reached the door. The Actor made his way to me...Then I woke up.


Wednesday, June 22, 2005 | 3:47 PM | LINK |