I had a dream the other night that I was walking through a big city. And then suddenly everything stopped. All of the buildings, sidewalks and signs just faded away. It was just brilliant green grass and a strikingly sharp blue sky. People were still walking and talking and all of the sudden I started crying. It was a deep, heaving cry that leaves you gasping for breath. I dropped to my knees and lifted my hands up. I cried for what seemed like hours and then started to sing in prayers...and then I woke up. I woke up with a broken and heavy heart. So often I get in the routine of reading and prayer in the mornings, that the possibility of impromptu worship flies out the window. My body was crying out for worship. My body was crying out to its Maker.

"I will praise the Lord , who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16: 7-8


Friday, June 17, 2005 | 8:40 PM | LINK |