A Day at the Movies.

Moviegoer #1: Did you know that the Ewoks were originally supposed to be Wookies?

Moviegoer #2: Really? That's interesting...you know I hear Chewbacca is going to be in this one.


Moviegoer #3: So, I'm going to Wal-Mart after this to take a look at their Star Wars stuff. I cleaned K-Mart out last night.

Moviegoer #4: Are you still working on that display case?


Child of Moviegoer #3 : WAAAAHH! I'm going to cut off your arm wif my wight-sabur!!

Moviegoer #3: Bobby, SIT DOWN AND TURN OFF YER DAD-GUM LIGHT SABER!!


Ah, yes. The beauty of living in the South. Dad and I went to see Star Wars yesterday. And it was...interesting. We were surrounded by quite a few characters. As far as the movie goes. It's not cinematic greatness by any means, but it does what it's supposed to and entertains. For those who were disappointed by it...I say,"WHAT THE CRAP WHERE YOU EXPECTING? IT'S FREAKING STAR WARS DIRECTED BY GEORGE LUCAS!" It is what it is...and it's good at being corny which is what all of them are. And why we love all of them. And why we leave wanting to wield a light saber and protect the universe. If I had gone expecting to see Gladiator in the sky...I would have been disappointed. As it stands...I liked it. It made me feel good and I left with a smile on my face.


Friday, May 20, 2005 | 9:21 AM | LINK |