Tumbleweeds...er, tumblepollen.

The pollen outside is massive. As I drove down the road I thought that I saw a small mammal scurrying across the road...but it was a large clump of pollen rolling across the way as though it were an old west movie. I examined my surroundings and soon realized that the sky was too blue, my peripheral vision saw too much green, and I lacked the proper attire for it to be a one horse town of the year 1885.

My car, Pippin, and I spent some quality time together this morning. It was time for his oil change. And I decided that he needed a bath considering that he was covered in the remains of the tumblepollen. While I was at it, I cleaned his interior, vacuumed his carpets, windexed his windows, and got out the turtle wax as well. He stayed starry night black for about 2 hours and then was once again assaulted by the pollen. I suppose I needed that quality time to Pippin and myself. He doesn't talk all that much considering that he's an inanimate object. His manners give me the proper time to think, daydream, and hum and sing. The latter, I'm glad he can't comment on.

The thoughts that consumed me were that of a vacation that I'll be taking in May. It will only be 5 days, but I haven't had a vacation in 3 years. The last time I remember being so excited for a vacation was 1st week at Myrtle Beach following my graduation from high school. Haley and I will be venturing to Charleston for 5 days. I can't wait to just mosey down the streets with my Graflex and Canon around my neck with no rush and all the time in the world to photograph. I can't wait to just hang out with Haley. She'll be getting married in November...so these are moments to treasure with my roommate of 4 years. I can't wait for there to be no alarm clock for 5 days. I can't wait to go to Market St. and take my time. I can't wait to walk down the battery. I'm just excited.


Saturday, April 16, 2005 | 9:24 PM | LINK |