The new year.

It just occurred to me that 5 days ago we began a new year. I welcomed it in quite silently with my parents. It was the most different New Year that I can ever remember. I must say that it was nice. Ever since I was old enough, it always seemed that the best way to ring in the New Year was with booming fireworks, screaming "Happy New Year's" and rambunctious songs. This year after a beautiful "red" party with Nick, Kylie, Heidi, Crystal, and Daniel...I returned home to (for the first time) softly welcome in the New Year. It was peaceful, calming, and completely perfect.

I can't say that I made any resolutions. Perhaps I'll be sounding strange and ultimately pretentious, but there isn't anything that I really want to change right now...I'm happy. Somewhere along the way of last year I learned that I just need to take it a day at a time and if there's something I want to do, that I should just do it. Like with my photography...I wanted to become better so I studied and practiced. I'm still learning. I just hate to feel like I have to decide what I want to do with the year on one day. Or maybe that's just the romantic in me...



Wednesday, January 05, 2005 | 10:12 AM | LINK |