I slept to almost noon today. I haven't done that in years. I've begun to selfishly claim Saturdays as my own. It's the only day I have completely to myself. And if I want to sleep late I will, and if I want to get up early and go to the mountains I will, and if I want to spend the entire day thrifting...I will. Today, my dad and I went to Easley. No reason. We just went to Easley. I haven't seen my dad all week, he's already left for work when I get home. And if I were to say that I was a Daddy's girl, it would be an understatement. I respect my Dad more than anyone I know. I never question his judgment and he always helps to steer me in the right direction. He is wise, kind, humorous, and adventurous. I love chances to hang out with him. So he walks into my room and says, "Squirt, you wanna go driving?" And I said, "Yeah, you driving?" "Yep." And just like that we wound up in Easley. We arrived back home two hours later after heavy conversations about cameras, financial guidance, the upcoming presidential election, our church, and my dreams about the future. I'd do anything to bottle days like this. So I could remember every detail. I do my best to create memories that stir emotions like some smells stir memories. I think that's why I cling to my journal so dearly. I try to recap every detail I can. Some people wonder why I can remember things they said to me, when they can't even remember. Well, verbal affirmation is where I feel most loved. So if you ever tell me something that in someway encourages me, I write it down.

I don't really know why I chose to share this. It's just what was on my mind. And I guess I wanted to express that it's not bad to enjoy yourself and enjoy those around you, to enjoy memories that are being made as long as you remember why you have the chance to live days like this and why you are able to remember memories. They are gifts from God. When was the last time that you thanked Him for your memories?


Saturday, October 09, 2004 | 7:14 PM | LINK |