confessions.

I must confess that as a child of the 80s, I was a huge New Kids on the Block Fan. Yes, even more so I was a Joey McIntyre fan.

"Oh Joey Mac, I'll forget Ralph Macchio (who needs a karate kid?)...and I really didn't want to marry Luke Skywalker anyway*."

Yes, yes I had it bad. He was also the first teenybopper poster that graced my wall. But, as a 12-year-old I was convinced that the management of NKOTB had placed tiny cameras in the eyes of their posters and in my paranoia I decided it would be best to change in the bathroom.

Why am I confessing this portion of my young life? Well, as I was cleaning this evening I broke out my NKOTB: Step by Step cassette. Yes, that's right...cassette. There is one radio in the house that still has a tape deck. As I rocked out to "Call it What You Want," "Tonight," and "Where do I go From Here," I wondered what happened to the boy that once had a place on my wall. Well, he's grown up quite nicely...
and is now on Broadway. Bravo...my little teen idol.

I'll stop being weird now and go to bed.

*What was I thinking back then...Han Solo is so the crush of choice.



Monday, September 27, 2004 | 9:01 PM | LINK |