Unexpected wisdom.



I've been very frustrated lately...and it's not because its that time of the month. I've just been easily frustrated. And yesterday I was perturbed to my limit. I found myself driving around town trying to just breathe. I walked into the grocery store to purchase some things from my mom and waited in line for quite a while. An older gentleman struck up a conversation with me. His name was George and he is 72. He told me the importance of self-confidence and of knowing who you are. He's telling me there's nothing like a woman who shines with a firm grip on who she is and where she's going. He called it a "quiet confidence" and then he told me that he saw Jesus in me. It was the greatest compliment that I've ever had given to me. Later at Books-A-Million, Steph and I met Gus. Gus is a 61 year-young individual. He lectured us on the importance of a day, the importance of giving, beauty of simplicity, and enjoying what you enjoy with no shame (he likes to have a pedicure).

And I was stopped in my tracks. What a selfish person I am...and I realized that I was being taught a lesson. Yes, nothing like unexpected wisdom to slap you in your face.

In other news, I fixed my problem with Hello...the photos should be clearer now for those few who enjoy my photos. Also, listening to the new Marc Broussard. MMMM... "Home" rocks my face. In fact, I think it rocked it clear off...I should go look for it now.



Friday, August 13, 2004 | 5:04 PM | LINK |