It's not easy being royalty.

Check it out, it's the Lanna Crest:

It's not easy being Thai royalty.

On to other news, one of the kids I work with has just learned to say my name. It's sounds like "Lan Lan." All the girls together with me..."Aww!" Yeah, it made me smile so much today. Yes, I went back to work. I am in fact healing from my deathly illness (a.k.a. Sinusitis). It felt good being back at work. It was strange. I was sitting in a meeting this afternoon and it hit me that a year ago I would have never imagined myself here. And right now I feel so happy and filled with a strange sense of maturity. It's one of those times when you sit back and realize the stages of your life which you've past and the one you're in.

I was reading in Hebrews a few days ago. I was in chapter 12 where we get to talk about discipline. Basically: hardship=discipline=training. Through the training we reap the product of labor(harvest) of rightousness and peace. I'm learning to welcome and be thankful for training. The athletes in the Olympics have not accomplished what they have by sleeping all day and practicing their craft once a week. They have discipline(and a coach) to push themselves to their limit to get the proper training to run their race. As do we. I am trying my best to be thankful for hardships and broken hearts, because it might just be through them that God's Will be done in my life. Anyway, that's what I'm chewing on right now.

Now, I've got to go boil some chicken and prepare some sustinance for tonight's home group. I'm making a yummy chicken casserole. If any of you are home groupless...come join us at Gizz's 7pm. Til next time.


Thursday, August 26, 2004 | 3:58 PM | LINK |