Books, books, books and the Jockey Lot.

What is it about books that creates such euphoria for me? I love, love, love them. Perhaps it's because you can occasionally find things like this still hanging on from times past. I was leafing through my 1883 edition of Lady of the Lake when I came upon this bookmark. Stuff like this takes my breath away. I wonder if anyone in the future will find a note that I have left in one of my books and be taken aback as I have. Speaking of books, my dad and I made it to the Jockey Lot this morning. I haven't been in ages. It did me good. I came home with 9 new additions to my library(one of which is a 1928 edition of Victorian Poetry), 2 dvds, and 4 squirrels all for the bargain price of $15. I love being in the South.


Saturday, August 21, 2004 | 1:02 PM | LINK |