1st day of school, roll-backs, and the village.

Today we will be learning about animals, let's sing a song about our friend the cow.

to the tune of 'Happy Birthday'

Listen to the cow mooing,
Listen to the cow mooing,
She has seven stomachs,
Listen to the cow mooing.

I kid with you not. Kelly and I colored and played with blocks all day long. And as we were coloring some teaching aids, we ran across this little diddy. Quite catchy, eh?

I was watching TV with my mom this past weekend and one of those Wal-mart Roll-back commercials came on. I realized that it is the greatest marketing scheme ever. People think they're going to save a butt-load of money, but in actuality you probably won't save more that $0.25. Let's say we have Pink Princess Barbie (Pink Princess Barbie is a figment of my imagination and not a real product) on the Roll-back list. She's been "rolled-back" to $15.95. But if you look at the fine print she was originally $16.20. The public brain only looks at the first two numbers and says "Hey! It's a dollar cheaper! Buy it now!" And the body obeys. Hence, the greatest marketing scheme (or shall we say genius) ever.


We went to see the The Village Saturday afternoon. It was extremely good. Great cast, great acting, great writing, great cinematography...I want to go see it again. In fact, I could go see it again tonight...anyone want to go? Yay to M. Night Shamalamadingdong.



Monday, August 02, 2004 | 4:02 PM | LINK |