the mood I'm in...

I am ready for love.
Why are you hiding from me?
I'd quickly give my freedom
To be held in your captivity.

I am ready for love,
All of the joy and the pain.
And all the time that it takes
Just to stay in your good grace.

Lately I've been thinking that you're not ready for me.
Maybe you think I need to learn maturity.
They say watch what you ask for because you might receive,
But if you ask me tomorrow I'll say the same thing.

I am ready for love.
Would you please lend me your ear?
I promise I won't complain.
I just need you to acknowledge I am here.

If you give me half a chance I will prove this to you.
I will be patient, kind, faithful, and true
To a man who loves music, a man who loves art,
Who respects the spirit world and thinks with his heart.

I am ready for love.
If you'll take me in your hands,
I will learn what you teach
And do the best that I can.

I am ready for love.
Here with an offering of
My voice, my eyes, my soul, my mind.
Tell me what is enough,
To prove I am ready for love...

Lately I've been in this excessively romantic mood. I am so not the girly girl who squeals and giggles at the drop of a hat. But for some reason I've been wanting to watch any stupid corny chick flick that has any romantic theme. I've also been watching a wedding story all the while sighing in my head. Does anyone know how much I used to despise that show? I mean don't get me wrong...I am a closet romanticist. And I'm all for the romance in the relationship. But I thought "I'll wait and get all romantic when I'm in that relationship"...otherwise you just torture yourself with great ideas that you could do for that person and are forced to keep a notebook of "Good Ideas For When I'm in a Relationship." Perhaps its all the weddings that have been happening. Or perhaps I have a case of Spring fever. Whatever the case I made a mix cd of love songs...what? O dear...I think it's getting serious.

By the by, Ready for Love is a song written by India.Arie and is on the mix cd called "That Spring Thang". I'll be making more copies for anyone who would like to join me for the mood I'm in.


Saturday, June 19, 2004 | 8:20 AM | LINK |