The Denny Squares

Last night we went square dancing...at the Woodmen of the World building in Anderson. The Pacesetters, Anderson's own square dancing club, meets every Monday night in the building. We met the president of the club last Monday night(our Big Fish Adventure) at Denny's. They invited us to come and dance with them. We took them up on their offer. We were the youngest there by years(like 40 on up), but I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time. These are the kind of dynamic memories we'll be telling our children. Everyone there came to welcome us and give us a hug. And we even got to dance a little. Brent found a new lady friend...Jeri Maddox...she was so hot in her denim puffy skirt and gold shoes. They introduced us as The Denny Squares since they met us at Denny's. Arent' they cute? It was the most fun for $2 that I've spent. Yes, that's right kids, we only spent $2 for 3.5 hours of unprompted fun. They also fed us...they fed us hot dogs, homemade cole slaw, potato salad, deviled eggs, baked beans and an entire table of homemade cakes and cookies. I felt like I was at my family reunion. We ended the evening with a friendship circle...a perfect ending. That is until Bob, told Nick to make sure that Kylie and I came back to the Beach Party in bikinis...eww.

Kylie and I will be taking lessons in the fall...any young gentlemen care to be our partners? We're going all out...we're making those cute little skirts...it's so on.

Grab your partner...docey doe...flip the wave and there you go...


Tuesday, June 01, 2004 | 8:58 AM | LINK |