Chase




This kid totally has my heart. For those of you who don't know, I work with two autistic children. This is one of them. It never fails that he brightens my day and shows me something new. I see God using him in so many ways. I know He's used Chase in my life.




Because of him I look at things differently now. I try to look for new perspectives. I take life a little slower. I live...I take each day and I live.

This child enjoys life. This is the child that encouraged me to take a closer look at a blade of grass, to hold a ball up to the sun and see the light through it, and to stare at my hand to see how it works. I think I said not too long ago that sometimes the most simple things in life are the most beautiful. Chase has that concept down.

And in case you were wondering, he loves music. His favorite song is Let it Be. How do I know since he can't verbally communicate? He has this keyboard player and he'll press the play button interrupting all of the other songs until Let it Be starts. When it's over...he'll do it again.





Thursday, June 10, 2004 | 7:52 PM | LINK |