Weekend Update:

Welcome to the Weekend Update! Where to start? Well first on I had the privilege of attending Jason and Kelly's wedding. Can we say breathtaking? Absolutely surreal. I was expecting for fairies to come dancing out of the woods to celebrate with the newly married couple. Next weekend? Dana and Jeff's wedding...yay!

Last night we went to the Mraz/Fuel/Live show. Lots and lots of fun. I would really like to thank Stephanie for dragging herself out of bed two months ago to get us 2nd row tickets to the show while I was at work. She is my hero. Thanks to her, we could see the nose hairs of each guy in each band.

Mraz was, of course, awesome. I really love this guy. I could listen to him play for hours upon hours. I've also decided that he looks like an elf. Not a Keebler elf, but a Tolkien elf. Yes, that upped his level of hotness. And yes, I just said "upped." It's a word now.

Fuel was good. They didn't sound live, so that took a little something away for me. I know, I know...he was singing over a track and the sound guys can make his voice sound perfect. Whatever...it didn't seem as authentic as I wanted it to be. It was still quite enjoyable aside from the many women trying to flash Brett Scallions. Do they not realize that he probably can't see past the second row? Anyway, it was awesome. We even got Brett saliva on us...yeah, he totally spit on the audience. Since we were in the 2nd row, I got a nice bit on the forehead. I probably have a disease now...we don't know where he's been!

Live was very enjoyable. It brought back many memories. Probably my favorite of the evening because of the memories. And you cannot make me think that it was a bad show. Ed should have a mohawk. Chad used to have one. Seriously, we need to spread the mohawk love(There was one kid there with an okay mohawk. There was also a kid with a really bad fauxhawk next to us. We need to educate these kids on mohawks...I think I will...stay tuned for that boys and girls). I have since broken out all of my old Live cds and have been rocking out to them since the wee AM. There's nothing like seeing a good rock show from the 2nd row.

The highlight of the evening: Chris getting mistaken for Ed from Live. Classic.

Observation of the evening: Lead singers of large rock bands have quirky dances. Brett from Fuel has the "Watch Me As I Lasso This Bull" dance. Ed from Live has the "Look at My Pretty Belt Buckle" dance. If you would like to see these in action...Karla and I will be breaking them out for the Electronica show on the 9th.

Tonight, a few of us are going square-dancing. I'm already laughing...where's my cowboy hat...


Monday, May 31, 2004 | 10:13 AM | LINK |