Kittens for sale

Taking a break from the moving. I thought I'd update you guys on the weirdness of pet obsession. I went to the pet store to pick Max up some stuff for the big move. And I see kittens for sale. I go over to look and I see the price of "$599.00" Umm...excuse me? So I ask the sales guy:

me: "Yeah, Hi. Heath, is that your name (yeah you should have a mohawk)? Why are these kittens $600?"

Heath: "They're Bengal kittens."

me: "Bengal kittens?"

Heath: "Yeah, six generations down from a Bengal Tiger. That's why they're $600."

Riiight! This is also the pet store who sold 5 wallabies. What the crap! Wallabies!! This is not Australia and I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be domesticated. And you know some peeps would actually shell out $600 for the bragging rights that they have a 6th generation tiger...weirdos.


Friday, May 28, 2004 | 7:44 PM | LINK |