Accumulation of Crap

I've been at my parent's house since 10:00AM. I'm cleaning out my childhood bedroom so that I can move back in. I did not realize what a pack rat I was. I've gone through about 10 boxes of stuff today. Notes from middle school, pictures from magazines that I loved, old collages that I made, every art project from elementary school on through highschool, every valentine, receipts, happy meal toys, notebooks from every subject from every year that I was at school, crappy presents that I couldn't bear to part with because I loved the person that gave them to me, souveniers from vacations, magazine upon magazine, etc. There's lots more...mostly crap. I've narrowed the boxes down to 2. The rest is either in the trash or on its way to the Goodwill.

I am attached to memories...sometimes too much so. Every thing I picked up took me back to a certain place. I think I kept everything because I was afraid of losing that memory. I've always had the ability to remember conversations word for word...to see them vividly in my mind. It was weird walking down memory lane today...sifting through what I needed to keep and what to depart with. Most of all I'm thankful for being able to do it...to see what God brought me through...how He called me to Him...and where He has me now. It's a beautiful thing.


Friday, May 21, 2004 | 3:41 PM | LINK |